5 Best Protein Sources for Vegetarian Diet
One of the most concerning issues for a vegetarian is to find a protein-rich diet. It is commonly said that protein is the body’s main building block. Many worry about getting enough protein without consuming meat. Here are five of the best vegetarian protein sources that offer sufficient protein while offering plentiful health benefits:
1. Lentils: Lentils are one of the biggest sources of protein for a vegetarian person. They are not only a great source of protein but are also high in fibre, iron, and folate.
2. Chickpeas: Chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, are an excellent source of protein for vegetarians. They contain about 7.3 grams of protein in just one-half cup of a cup.
3. Chia Seeds: These tiny seeds are packed with protein, fibre, omega-3 fatty acids, calcium, and antioxidants. Chia Seeds have 3.5 grams of protein per ounce.
4. Dairy Products: For a vegetarian person, dairy products work like a treasure. Yoghurt, milk and cheese are great sources of protein and calcium.
5. Almonds: Almonds are one of the finest sources of protein. They are also rich in Vitamin E, fibre, magnesium and healthy fats and contain about 6 grams of protein per ounce.
It is a wrong belief that adopting a vegetarian diet means one has to sacrifice protein. Lentils, quinoa, chickpeas, hemp seeds, nuts, beans, dairy products and tofu are some examples of the many protein-packed vegetarian options available. If you have a vegetarian diet, then all the above-given options would be helpful for you to complete your protein intake.