Watch Video: PM Narendra Modi Takes to the Skies in Indigenous Tejas Fighter Jet
Prime Minister Narendra Modi took to the skies on Wednesday in a thrilling 30-minute sortie aboard a Tejas aircraft, the indigenously developed light combat aircraft (LCA) manufactured by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL). The flight, which took off from the HAL airport in Bengaluru, provided the Prime Minister with an opportunity to experience the capabilities of the Tejas firsthand.
Clad in a G-suit, PM Modi was accompanied by an experienced Indian Air Force (IAF) pilot during the sortie. The aircraft soared over the city of Bengaluru, showcasing its agility and manoeuvrability. The Prime Minister expressed his satisfaction with the performance of the Tejas, praising the HAL engineers and scientists for their dedication and hard work in developing this world-class fighter jet.
“Today’s sortie was an incredible experience,” remarked PM Modi after landing. “I was truly impressed by the capabilities of the Tejas. It is a testament to the technological prowess of our nation.”
The Tejas LCA is a single-engine, multi-role fighter aircraft designed and developed by HAL. It is the first indigenous fighter jet to be inducted into the IAF. The Tejas has undergone extensive testing and evaluation, and it is now fully operational.
The Prime Minister’s flight in the Tejas is a significant milestone for India’s defense sector. It underscores the country’s growing capability in developing and manufacturing advanced military aircraft. The Tejas is a symbol of India’s self-reliance and its ambition to become a major player in the global aerospace industry.
- Prime Minister Modi took a 30-minute sortie in a Tejas aircraft over Bengaluru.
- The flight provided the Prime Minister with an opportunity to experience the capabilities of the Tejas firsthand.
- PM Modi expressed his satisfaction with the performance of the Tejas and praised HAL for its work in developing the aircraft.
- The Tejas LCA is a single-engine, multirole fighter aircraft designed and developed by HAL.
- The Tejas is the first indigenous fighter jet to be inducted into the IAF.
- The Prime Minister’s flight in the Tejas is a significant milestone for India’s defense sector.
As India continues to invest in indigenous defence capabilities, the Tejas program showcases technological advancements and contributes to reducing dependency on foreign military equipment. Prime Minister Modi’s sortie on Tejas serves as a powerful symbol of India’s commitment to self-reliance in defence, strengthening its position as a formidable force on the global stage.